new release of GPA

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 31 18:06:43 CET 2012

On 30-10-2012 17:40, David Chadwick wrote:

> Perhaps our anonymous user would like us to use his free software
> because it has nice backdoors in it that allow certain organisations to
> decrypt all our encrypted emails. And without access to the source code,
> we can never be sure that there aren't any. So I would not touch it with
> a barge pole

I doubt that in this case since it works as a shell for GnuPG. One can
always analyse the resulting message, and if some additional encryption
key turns up or extra message data is added after the message that would
be easily detectable. And more subtle backdoors, like tampering with the
RNG are nu issue since GnuPG itself deals with that.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Johan Wevers