A safe text editor

Milo gnupg at oneiroi.net
Sun Sep 9 21:33:33 CEST 2012

Hi!

On 09/09/2012 09:16 PM, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 09/09/12 21:06, Milo wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you are trying to say/prove by polemics with things I
>> didn't wrote. I won't speculate about your faith in editors, your threat
>> model, and probably there is no real point for you to speculate about my
>> (possible) family and my hard drive data arrangement.
>
> You seem to have quite misunderstood my mail? There was absolutely nothing I was
> trying to prove by polemics with things you didn't write, I have no clue
> whatsoever what you are talking about.
>
> I was merely stating that I don't have a lot of faith in the correct workings of
> a vim plugin that tries to keep your private texts out of temp files and the like.
>
> And the nephew was the *metaphorical* whizzkid that every now and then comes by
> and either completely fixes or catastrophically blows up your computer. I have
> no idea about your family and don't intend to have.
>
> Again, you read something completely different in that mail from what I was
> trying to write.
>
> I apologize that I seem to have offended you, though I am baffled as to how I
> did that.
>
> HTH = Hope To Help,
>
> Peter.

Peter, there was a question about editor's capabilities which vim is
somehow (partially of course) matching - this was a "dry" hint. I'm far
from taking on discussion if this is ok, or not and when and for who.
Right now I'm baffled too because of your response :) - I didn't felt
offended, just replied to message which purpose (in context of my own) I
didn't understand.

--
With kind regards,
Milo