options file usage

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 09:12:15 CEST 2012

I am using Gpg 2.0.17 in Windows. Am I correct in saying that the "options"
file, if one existed, should be located in the home directory, i.e.,
%homepath%\appdata\roaming\gnupg, that it should be named options, and that
it would be utilized automatically by the gpg program whenever commands are
issued, unless one overrides this functionality by issuing a command at the
prompt like so:

Gpg --options filename

And that no options file, not even the default one in "--homedir" would be
used if one were to issue this command at the prompt:

Gpg --no-options

Finally, any of the long options, but nothing else, can be put into one of
these options files but without the two dashes included?