options file usage

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Sep 11 16:39:46 CEST 2012

On 11/09/12 09:12, John A. Wallace wrote:
> I am using Gpg 2.0.17 in Windows. Am I correct in saying that the "options"
> file, if one existed, should be located in the home directory, i.e.,
> %homepath%\appdata\roaming\gnupg

You can see what the home directory of GnuPG is with the command

gpgconf --list-dirs

> , that it should be named options, and that it would be utilized
> automatically by the gpg program whenever commands are issued, unless one
> overrides this functionality by issuing a command at the prompt like so:
>
> Gpg --options filename
>
> And that no options file, not even the default one in "--homedir" would be
> used if one were to issue this command at the prompt:
>
> Gpg --no-options
>

> Finally, any of the long options, but nothing else, can be put into one of
> these options files but without the two dashes included?

This all sounds about right, but I'm hesitant to outright confirm it because I
might have a detail wrong :). And it's a nicely detailed question.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt