A safe text editor // why??

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Sep 12 23:29:56 CEST 2012

On 9/12/12 4:47 PM, MFPA wrote:
> Is there any truth in the claim from some employers that having a
> mobile phone switched on within about 3 metres of a computer monitor
> allows the potential for remote compromise of the data on the screen
> via the mobile phone network?

Beats me.  The real question is, why are you bringing a mobile phone
into a secure space in the first place?

A smartphone contains a microphone, a camera, a GPS, an always-on
network connection, and a lot of closed-source software you can't
inspect for security holes.  Zero-day exploits exist for both Android
and iOS.  Add it all up and what you come up with is, don't bring mobile
phones into secure spaces.  It's not worth the risk.