Support of card readers with displays

Christian Aistleitner christian at quelltextlich.at
Fri Sep 28 12:21:38 CEST 2012

Dear list,

while several shops list smart card readers having built-in pin pads
and displays, I fail to find even a single such reader that is fully
supported by GnuPG. By that I mean
- Signing, encrypting, and other basic operations work,
- Pin entry via the card reader's pin pad is possible, and
- Pin prompts get shown on the card reader's display.

The list's last item is the problem.

Am I just lacking search engine foo, or does no such card reader
exist?

Best regards,
Christian

P.S.: Required operating systems, driver layers, etc are less of an
issue. But there are bonus points if the reader can be used under
GNU/Linux using free software only.

--
---- quelltextlich e.U. ---- \\ ---- Christian Aistleitner ----
                           Companies' registry: 360296y in Linz
Gruendbergstrasze 65a        Email:  christian at quelltextlich.at
4040 Linz, Austria           Phone:          +43 732 / 26 95 63
                             Fax:            +43 732 / 26 95 63
                             Homepage: http://quelltextlich.at/