Vanity Key

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Apr 2 18:45:30 CEST 2013

On 04/02/2013 05:40 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> In bitcoin you have the concept of a 'vanity key' much like vanity license
> plates, see:
>
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0
>
> I wonder if there is anything similar for public keys in GPG?

Conceptually, looking for a key with a given fingerprint suffix or keyid
seems like a similar idea.

People already do this:

http://www.asheesh.org/note/debian/short-key-ids-are-bad-news.html

	--dkg

PS the copy of your e-mail that i received appears to be addressed with
the following header:

 To: Jay Litwyn on GnuPG-Users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>

I'm not Jay Litwyn, but i hope you don't mind my responding anyway. ;)
Maybe your addressbook needs a tuneup?