"gpa" reports error: "Unsupported Protocol"

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 11 14:42:51 CEST 2013

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:52:20 +0200
Werner Koch articulated:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:53, jerry at seibercom.net said:
>
> > Yes, that corrects the problem, but why. Shouldn't it work without
> > that hack?
>
> Yes.  Actually I recall hat I fixed a bug related to this some time
> ago, but this should be in the release.  Do you have any X.509 keys?
> gpgsm should auto-import some on the first use.
>
> If nothing helps, you need to debug it using:
>
>   GPGME_DEBUG=3:/tmp/foo/gpgme.log: gpa
>
> you may need to increase the log level up to 9 to see almost
> everything.

I ran this command:

gpgsm -k
Warning: using insecure memory!
gpgsm: enabled debug flags: assuan
gpgsm: conversion from `utf-8' to `US-ASCII' failed: Illegal byte sequence

There are numerous keys listed. I have no idea where they originated
from.

A copy of the "gpgme.log" file @ level #9 is available here:

http://www.seibercom.net/logs/gpgme.log

--