Using smartcard as RNG

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.net
Sun Apr 14 09:10:20 CEST 2013

On 04/14/2013 12:18 AM, Henry Hertz Hobbit wrote:
> On 04/13/2013 11:04 AM, Pete Stephenson wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> [1] http://www.entropykey.co.uk/ [3]
> <SNIP>

I take it back.  Farther down Aaron's page it DOES say it fills
up /dev/random.  So it IS compatible. I am doing way too many
things at once and it is way past the time I should have
started my long nap.

http://pthree.org/2012/10/05/the-entropy-key/

I can not find where it says whether it is  USB 2.0 or USB 3.0
compatible.  If it is USB 3.0 capable and he is using USB 2.0
that could explain Aaron's slower speeds than what they claim.

The reason for the slow down on filling orders may be the same
as for why it took so long for the first silicon transistors to
be delivered from Fairchild Semiconductor to IBM in a Brillo
box.  There, some of the time they had nothing when the form
was opened other than dirty sand.  I am sure this is better
than that.

But the demand is probably far greater than the supply is, at
least for now.  What I need is something else and it isn't
hardware.

HHH