Privacy concerns

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:53:36 CEST 2013

Il 17/04/2013 19:09, Pete Stephenson ha scritto:

> While I don't use OpenPGP at my work, it seems reasonable to me to
> create separate primary keys for work and personal use.
Seems the only reasonable thing... for now :)

> In the US at least, companies have various regulatory requirements
> relating to communications and message storage. It may be compulsory for
> a company to have the ability to decrypt, read, and archive your
> work-related mail. Since you cannot -- as far as I know -- bind
> encryption subkeys to a specific UID, having a separate primary key for
> your work seems like a good idea.
Usually at office they give you a card with an x509 cert on it... And
you have to use it.
But sometimes they let you optionally use other means to sign your mails.
Ability to bind a specific UID with a subkey (implying having multiple
valid encryption keys) doesn't seem too useful...

BYtE,
 Diego.