Privacy concerns

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Apr 18 01:24:14 CEST 2013

On 4/17/2013 8:32 AM, Diego Zuccato wrote:
> That could easily be abused (spammers, people writing to personal
> mailbox for work-related issues, etc), but even if not abused it's at
> least "unpleasant" that all mail addresses gets mixed.

This has been discussed ad nauseam in the past.  Generally speaking
there are two camps on this subject and neither camp has ever been
successful in persuading the other camp to change their mind.  Check the
list archives for all the gruesome details.

My opinion on this is that arguing about whether it's a problem is
completely useless.  If someone has a concrete proposal to separate
certificates from user identities, and has an actual implementation that
I can download and test, then I'm happy to evaluate that implementation.
 Otherwise, though, talking about this in the abstract is just a recipe
for frustration, stress, and long threads that go nowhere.

(No one has ever produced a proposal that's involved running code, BTW.)