Editing a key in GnuPG2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 27 09:43:45 CEST 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 03:29, avi.wiki at gmail.com said:

> bundled GPA does not allow any of those options. Is that intentional
> to prevent people from monkeying around (they have to know the command
> line options to mess around)?

It is a whole lot of work to write and test(!) such GUI stuff.  Thus
experts should use the command line.

> seeing that GPA does provide a front-end to gpgconf (at least on
> expert mode) but I cannot find those values, whereas in GPG 1.x I
> could simply have a gpg.cof file with entries like:

You can still add this manually to gpg.conf.  Not whole options are
available via the gpgconf interface because otherwise it would get too
cluttered with exotic options.

> s2k-digest-algo SHA512

This is not very useful because the default value for the iteration
count is taken from gpg-agent which calibrates it so that an S2K
operation takes about 100ms.  Using a slower algorithm does not really
help.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner