BitMail.sf.net v 0.6 - Secure Encrypting Email Client

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 12 14:08:13 CET 2013

On Tuesday 05 November 2013 at 08:39:42, rwest at countermail.com wrote:
> can BitMail.sf.net as a p2p email tool for encrypted Email (and hybrid with
> IMAP-Email) be regarded as a reference model for research to create a
> secure Email Client? as it uses both, gnupg and openssl!
>
> http://bitmail.sourceforge.net/

As bitmail.sf.net claims to be Free Software and using libgrypt,
I wonder if anybody has looked at it, maybe its design
from the GnuPG perspective. Maybe you know a good review comparing it to other
p2p or secure textmessaging approaches?

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner