Smartcard & reader with pin-pad: working combo?

Niels Laukens niels at dest-unreach.be
Fri Feb 8 11:53:05 CET 2013

On 2013-02-08 11:23, Hendrik Jäger wrote:
> Hello Niels
>
> On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:10:56 +0100
> Niels Laukens <niels at dest-unreach.be> wrote:
>
>> How likely is it that this is going to work? The card seems to be
>> supported by GnuPG, even for 4096RSA keys (which I plan to use).
>
> On the card’s page it says:
> Schlüssellänge jetzt bis zu 3072 Bits
> What makes you think it works with 4096-bit keys?

These:
http://www.corsac.net/?rub=blog&post=1548
https://chris.boyle.name/2011/02/gnupg-4096-bit-keys-openpgp
http://wiki.debian.org/Smartcards/OpenPGP#Features
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2011-August/042750.html
http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2011-August/042761.html

>> together with this reader: SCM SPR-332
> I bought this reader as well after I could not get the pinpad of
> "Gemalto PC Pinpad USB
> Reader" (http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/product_info.php?cPath=1_26&products_id=122)
> to work with GnuPG.
> It works just fine and (almost) out of the box, at least on Debian
> Linux.

That's good to hear. thank you!

Niels