Unable to access Crypto Stick with gpg2

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Feb 14 21:11:10 CET 2013

> The daemon group has... But is this group in the list of groups of the
> scdaemon process? That's not a SUID/SGID binary.

You're confusing pcscd and scdaemon. OP doesn't use direct access by scdaemon,
but rather a PC/SC daemon which is run from init, and to which the scdaemon
connects.

If the card reader is supported directly by GnuPG, it might be better to remove
pcscd from the equation. And in that case, the ownership might indeed become an
issue again when it's like this.

HTH,

Peter.