default keyring file formats

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 20 10:58:36 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:05, jw72253 at verizon.net said:

> Hi, David. I appreciated your prompt reply. So with a concatenated
> keyring in the format "foo.pub" would I first use a command like the
> following one if I want to get the keys out of it in order to move

No, please don't do that!  The API to access the keyrings are the
--import and --export commands.

It might work now but may change at any time.  It is not a good idea to
suggest this use.  For example the file ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg and
~/.gnupg/secring.gpg use private extensions to the OpenPGP format.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner