"New" packet headers and gpg

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Fri Jan 4 17:34:51 CET 2013

Somebody claiming to be David Shaw wrote:
>On Jan 4, 2013, at 9:39 AM, Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:
>> Somebody claiming to be David Shaw wrote:
>>> No.
>> I was hoping that with all the "advanced mode, you probably don't care
>> about this" features, there would be one for this.
>
>You could patch the code (look in build-packet.c) fairly easily if you need
>this.  Out of curiosity, why do you want to use only new packet headers?

I might do that if I get further along.  I want to be able to have partial
OpenPGP implementations that only bother with new-style headers.  Such
implementations' ouput can be read by gpg, but there's currently no way to
convince gpg to talk to them :)

My own implementations currently do support both kinds of headers, so it's
not a pressing need.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted