passing information among several users

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 21 21:19:43 CET 2013

On 21-01-2013 17:56, Rita wrote:

> I have 6 users: maseruser and user{A,B,C,D,E}

Make also 6 keypais for each user.

> Masteruser will be generating data and I would like userA and userC be
> able to decypt the data and others not to.

Encrypt it to the public key of users A and C.

> However, in the future I
> would like to add userE to decrypt the data and remove userA (any old
> data she has is fine).

Encrypt the new messages only to the keys of C and E.

> I was wondering how I can achieve this using gpg

The eaqsiest way is to define a group in gpg.conf:

group receivers=01234567 ABCDEF89

where 01234567 and ABCDEF89 are the key ID's of the receivers.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers