passing information among several users

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 21 20:43:35 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 11:56 AM, Rita wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Here is what I am trying to do in my environment.
>

> I have 6 users: maseruser and user{A,B,C,D,E}
>
> Masteruser will be generating data and I would like userA and userC be
> able to decypt the data and others not to. However, in the future I
> would like to add userE to decrypt the data and remove userA (any old
> data she has is fine). I was wondering how I can achieve this using gpg

Sure you can do this.

Or do you want to know how?

1.) get gnupg software. http://gnupg.org/
Install it, generate your keys and your revocation certificate (you
never know when you will need ont.
2.) Upload your public key to a keyserver.
3, Have A, and C do the same.
3a.) If you want to anytime, have B and D do it too.
4.) When you want to send data get the public keys for A and C.
5.) Encrypt these data with the public the public keys of A and C.

Am I missing something?