GpgEX for 64 bit Windows test version

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 16 12:47:00 CEST 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:09, wk at gnupg.org said:

> remove the debug output and use this updated fix.  Something might have
> gone wrong during the build process - we need to check.

We figured out what has gone wrong:  The problem affects only the 64
bit version of gpgex.  The gpg4win installer uses some extra code to
build 64 bit versions of some packages.  The build process consists of

   - unpack the source
   - apply patches
   - run configure
   - run make
   - stow the results

Patches are taken from a patches/PACKAGENAME-VERSION/ directory.  For 64
bit the patches are taken from patches/PACKAGENAME-VERSION-ex/
directory.  I was not aware of that separate directory and put my fix
only into the 32 bit patch directory.  Thus the 64 bit version was build
without the fix.

Given that there is currently no need for separate 64 and 32 bit
patches, we will now change this to use only one patch directory.

A new Beta version will be released in a few hours.

Thanks for beta testing.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner