Fwd: Goldbug.sf.net - Secure Multi-Crypto-Messenger v0.1 released

32bitfloat at posteo.de 32bitfloat at posteo.de
Sat Jul 27 11:18:52 CEST 2013

Well, as I can't find a statement neither of the EFF nor of the CCC
related to this program, instead found a review
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/goldbug/?source=navbar#project-reviews>
on sourceforge which indicates that the CCC has no idea of it, I'm
highly sceptical about this. It does not have to be a a bad software,
though. But picking big names to push forward a software won't let me
trust it.
Secondly, if PRISM was the intention to create a new secure messenger (I
would interpret the description in this way), they cannot have created
the program in this short time.
Third, I cannot imagine "a kind of PGP". Is it PGP, is it something
other? Additionally, Echo seems to be a protocol just for debugging
purposes.

By only reading the description it seems that someone just salted it
with good-looking keywords to catch attention. I would keep my hands of it.