Why OpenPGP is not wanted - stupid is in vogue right now

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.net
Mon Jun 10 10:46:35 CEST 2013

My personal observations agrees with Rob Hansen's studies 100%.
Even when required to use encryption people hate doing it and
their concept is entirely focused on the ciphering with them
thinking that people who use encryption are trying to hide
something. They don't even begin to understand that signing is
also a part of encryption. IOW, there is also an ignorance
factor.  Nobody but me uses my signatures on the stuff I
deliver.  It isn't because my keys aren't part of the WOT.  It
is because for what ever reason they want to complain like mad
about Prism but then go to Facebook and broadcast their personal
lives to the entire world.  Why?  I would like to say I don't
know why and that it could be used for a doctoral dissertation
but I am beginning to suspect the doctoral candidates in
Sociology and Psychology will be similarly nuts any more.  For
those few who use my stuff they don't even use the signatures to
verify that things are okay.. Dumb? Certainly.  But stupid is
in vogue right now and I don't know why.  The Mayan Haab
(365 days per cycle)  and Tz'olkin (260 days per cycle)
calendars both go backwards and forwards forever but nobody
wants to know that these calendars really didn't come to an
end on 21 Decembre 2012 and that was just one of the times
that the first days align.  It also happens every 52 Haab
cycles (years) and 73 Tz'olkin periods.  Don't try to sit down
and explain it to them either.  They go glassy eyed and make
sure they don't understand that (365 * 52) = (260 * 73) and
make sure they don't understand why even when you show the
reduction that is lowest number you can get in the
multiplication where they are equal.  They want to say that
it is completely impossible to understand and they want to
believe what ever lies are told on the History II channel and
elsewhere.  They get away with it because everybody else is
doing the same thing. Why?  BEING STUPID IS IN FASHION RIGHT
NOW!

If they had complained that my keys were not part of the WOT, my
keys would have been part of the WOT in a hurry.  That was why I
added my legal name as a comment.  I anticipated somebody would
ask me to become part of the WOT.  Nobody has asked because less
than 1/10 of 1% of people are using encryption except when they
don't know that they are using it (443).

What is wrong with the GUI provided with GPG4WIN?  I really don't
want a GUI on Linux since I do most things in a terminal and BASH
anyway.  My only complaint with GPG4WIN is that checking the
signature should come first but that is because that is what I
use it for.  I verify that my own downloads have not been tampered
with.  Hey, the web-server isn't under my control.  I can no longer
send email on the POP email account that goes with that web server
any more either.  Yahoo's SMTP server stopped accepting my email
from Thunderbird just two days ago.  Unfortunately, POP still
pulls down 100 or so messages from PeskySpammer every day.  That
does not instill confidence.  But I can still mail fine here using
OpenPGP on 1and1 with no problems.  So it is not my setup which has
not changed that is causing the problems. Business mail at Yahoo is
either broken or the NSA / FBI retaliated for my comment at WaPo.
I pick broken.  Why retaliate when even some of them will agree with
my comments at WaPo? My snail mail delivered letter to Yahoo will be
my last chance at getting it working again.  My hope is extremely
low.

Until stupid falls out of vogue, encryption just isn't going to
be used.  If the History II channel and my downstairs neighbor
with Planet X (Nibiru) are any indication we will need a
completely new generation for that to happen.  This generation
is so stupid with their iPhones and iPads and Galaxy Samsungs
that I am beginning to wonder how we got here.  It isn't just
the young doing it either.  Many older people have been similarly
afflicted.  I think I will watch the programs on the D-Day veterans
so I can get out of this time warp factor we are in right now for
a while. Those people back then weren't stupid.  They cracked the
Enigma, the Lorenz, and most of the Japanese codes as well.  I
should have lived my life back then with my half-sister Susie and
helped in the cracking.  Now?  The emperor has no clothes and
almost nobody wants to use encryption - ANY KIND OF ENCRYPTION!

Me?  My financial data and passwords are enciphered.  I don't
make any apologies either.  There are too many hackers that
want to steal that stuff.  I strongly avoid using software
that isn't signed unless I created it either.  The people
that aren't doing it?  THEY ARE PROUD ABOUT BEING STUPID!
The reason Microsoft bundled Windows Defender and have it
on by default is because well over 50% of the people weren't
using an AV product on Windows.  Unfortunately, Windows
Defender is removing all blocked entries including even
Facebook and bad hosts from the hosts file now.  Again,
stupid is in fasion even at Microsoft when they attempt
to remedy a problem.  Windows Defender may have removed
the only thing that would keep that problem away from
that person's computer.  Will the Microsoft programmers
understand that?  NO!  STUPID IS IN VOGUE RIGHT NOW!

Mucking around with a new GUI for GnuPG will not change
these factors.  The new GUI design needs to be driven by
what the people want.  Right now they don't want
encryption.  Encryption has become a dirty word in their
diseased minds.

HHH