GpgEX for 64 bit Windows test version

Bob Henson oldbob at oldbob.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 20:18:56 CEST 2013

On 24/06/2013 9:01 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I just uploaded a test version of GpgEX (the GnuPG Explorer Plugin) for
> > Windows 64 bit.  This is just the bare standalone DLL without an
> > installer.  If you are using a 64 bit Windows system with Gpg4win, you
> > may want to test this DLL:
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.g10code.com/g10code/gpgex/gpgex-1.0.0-beta19-bin.zip
> >   ftp://ftp.g10code.com/g10code/gpgex/gpgex-1.0.0-beta19-bin.zip.sig

> > To install the DLL please unzip the ZIP file and as Admin store the DLL
> > as
> >
> >   c:\Program files\GNU\GnuPG\bin\gpgex.dll

On my Window 7 64bit system, GnuPG 1.4.13 installed itself in c:\Program
Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\  - the 32bit section. When I installed Gpg4win,
the installer offered install GPG2 in that same directory, but I added a
2 to keep the two separate, ie. it was installed in

c:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG2\

Your instructions above point to the \bin directory under the 64 bit
Program Files directory, not the 32bit. I assumed that I needed to have
gpgex.dll along with the other files and installed it in the \bin
directory with the rest of my gpg2 files ie. under

c:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG2\bin\gpgex.dll.

Should I have created a new directory under the 64bit Program File
directory just for the one new file?

When I ran

 regsvr32 c:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG2\bin\gpgex.dll

it just caused an error, saying "The module "c:\program" failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to
check for problems with the binary or dependant .dll files. The
specified module could not be found."

It looks to me as though the regsvr command is looking for a program to
run called "c:\program"?

As I can't run the 32 bit version of GPGex anyway on this system, can I
not just overwrite the existing copy of gpgex.dll with the 64 bit one
and reboot?

What should I try if not, please?

Regards,

Bob