Smart card works with GPG v1 but not with GPG v2 on Ubuntu

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Jun 29 19:56:05 CEST 2013

On 29/06/13 17:24, Pete Stephenson wrote:
> as I don't really see why gpgsm would magically make things work as it
> doesn't seem really related to the Crypto Stick).

On Ubuntu 12.04, the gpgsm package contains the scdaemon, the smart card daemon.
So that's understandable that it needs to be installed.

On 13.04, they moved it to the separate scdaemon package.

GnuPG v1 can work without gpg-agent and scdaemon, but GnuPG v2 cannot. So the
problem is somewhere there.

HTH,

Peter.