key length for smart card key generation

Branko Majic branko at majic.rs
Fri Mar 1 13:10:54 CET 2013

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 09:20:10 +0100
Niels Laukens <niels at dest-unreach.be> wrote:

> On 2013-03-01 02:08, Josef Schneider wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Peter Lebbing
> > <peter at digitalbrains.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> If we're all talking about RSA here, I think so.
> >
> > Using an 4096 bit RSA key _should_ work if you compile the current
> > source from the git repository and then _should_ work with 2.0.20
> > once that is out!
>
> I've imported a 4096bit RSA key, and can use it without any problem on
> 2.0.18.

That's excellent thing! I was hoping to find a smart-card that could
work with 4096-bit RSA keys in order to use it as a small poor man's CA
"HSM" (better than storing it in soft key).

Now to see if there's any way of using the OpenPGP card through
PKCS#11 :)

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.