Dump all the properties of a key?

Jack Bates di44vq at nottheoilrig.com
Wed Mar 27 17:47:08 CET 2013

On 26/03/13 07:50 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 03/25/2013 06:30 PM, Jack Bates wrote:
>> How do I dump all the properties of a key?
>
> it's not clear to me what you're looking for, but here are a few options
> that might provide you with useful information:
>
> gpg --export-options export-minimal --export $KEYID | pgpdump
>
> gpg --export-options export-minimal --export $KEYID | gpg --list-packets
>
> if you are interested in the list of other people's certifications (or
> old self-certifications) you could omit the "--export-options
> export-minimal" arguments.
>
> If you're looking for some piece of information in particular, asking in
> more detail can make it easier for other people to help you get the
> answer you're looking for.

Thank you very much for this answer, "gpg --list-packets" is exactly
what I was looking for. It reveals the digest algo used for the
signature and the preference list, although it's quite terse. I had to
refer to include/cipher.h to lookup "digest algo 8"

pgpdump is a bit more verbose. Helpful. Thank you!