Suggest please

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:14:51 CEST 2013

Il 03/05/2013 14:51, NdK ha scritto:

> Submission can be handled with a correct ACL (in *nix it could be
> rwxrwx-wx on a folder: only members of the group will be able to read
> the files in it, but every user can put his file there -- we used this
> method for lab projects).
Just to be more precise, the setting as described have a behaviour that
could not be what one expects:
1) knowing the file name everyone can read it
2) knowing the file name, everyone can delete it

You can fix 1 by setting umask (on the filesystem, if dropbox is in its
own partition) so that actual file permissions are 0640 or 0660.
To fix 2 you should set the sticky bit on the folder. See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/869536/linux-directory-permissions-read-write-but-not-delete

Tks to DKG for pointing this out. I'll try to be more precise next time.

BYtE,
 Diego.