gpgsm and expired certificates

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Sat Nov 2 19:48:39 CET 2013

>> "MFPA" == MFPA  <expires2013 at ymail.com> writes:

   > Hi
   > On Sunday 27 October 2013 at 2:46:05 PM, in
   > <mid:8761si4vrm.fsf at mat.ucm.es>, Uwe Brauer wrote:

   > Isn't the NSA "a government based organisation?" Surely
   > guilt-by-association renders every government based organisation just
   > as nefarious as the NSA.

Your point being?

I presume it goes like this: NSA is  "a government based
organisation" doing, among other things, violations of civil rights.

So any other government based organisation cannot be trust, end of
argument.

Well I just talked  about a service, which provides certificates to its
citizen. That means it signs a public/private key pair, which is
generated by the, hopefully open source, crypto module of your browser.

So either you claim to have evidence that this modules have been hacked
and the key pair is transferred to some of these evil organisations or I
really don't see your point.

Uwe Brauer