bug-like: strange behaviour of addrevoker

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 7 09:22:16 CET 2013

> revokers. But that didn't work as expected. After entering the command
> "addrevoker" I was asked to enter the user ID of the respective key. Why the
> user ID and not the key ID or fingerprint? Does that make any sense?

You may use any way to specify a user id.  It is the same code as used
when you fire up "gpg --key-edit USERID" with the only restriction that
the key must have certify capability which is always the case for a
primary key.

> nor 0x1a571df5 works. Even worse: The email address doesn't work either (both
> hauke at laging.de and <hauke at laging.de>).

If you have the two user IDs, gpg can't decide which to use.  Thus you
need to use the keyid or the fingerprint.  Please check again and if you
can't make it work, please create a test case for us.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner