subkey comments?

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Nov 13 01:34:38 CET 2013

Hauke Laging:
> Am Di 12.11.2013, 15:50:10 schrieb adrelanos:
>
>> Is it possible to have subkeys with different comments than the main
>> key? How?
>
> The main question is: What do you mean by "comments"? You probably refer to
> the comment part of a user ID.

I am referring this... When you run gpg --fingerprint, you'll see
something like this:

pub   ..../..... ....
      Key fingerprint = ....
uid                  name (I mean this field.) <email @ mail.com>
sub   ..../... ...

> But it has not been determined what exactly
> that refers to.

I don't understand what you mean by that sentence.

> A key comment in a technically more correct sense would be a signature
> notation.

Notations and comment part of a user ID are different things?

I guess I prefer the comment part of a user ID, because that is shown by
default. (The --list-options show-notations does not seem to be very
popular.)

Is it possible to add a comment to the user ID of sub keys?