Unusual (unintended?) behavor upon decryption of a message // follow-up correction

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Nov 19 21:05:06 CET 2013

On 19/11/13 20:47, vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:
> This is still unusual, as gnupg already identified it as TWOFISH, not as an unknown algorithm,

TWOFISH was used to encrypt the session key. What was used to encrypt the
data is still unknown, since that knowledge is encrypted. (With TWOFISH. Are
you still following? ;P)

There are potentially two symmetric ciphers at play, one to encrypt the
session key, and one to encrypt the data.

HTH,

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt