How can I send a public key exported with --armour option?

Francesco S. anything.everything83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 13:47:44 CEST 2013

Pete Stephenson <pete at heypete.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Francesco C.
>

>Hi Francesco,
>
>Welcome! No need to apologize! We're all pretty friendly here. :)

I'm glad to know that. :-)

>You can add "--armor" (or "--armour", I had no idea that GnuPG
>supported the British spelling of the word. Interesting!) to
>essentially any command that involves data being output. For
>consistency I will use the spelling without the "u", but both are
>equivalent.

Yep, another thing... My English is scholastic, so not always I will be clear in my exposition, I also apologize of that.
Anyway you are right, Gnupg recognize only "armor" :-)

>For example, if you created a key with the KeyID of "KEYID", you could
>export the public key for it to the terminal using "gpg --export
>--armor KEYID".
>
>If you wish to export the public key to a text file which you can then
>include in an email, post on the web, etc., you could use "gpg
>--export --armor KEYID > filename.txt" where 'filename' is whatever
>you wish the file to be called.

Perfect, this is what I needed!

>The armor feature is indeed quite useful, but it comes at a slight
>cost: armored files/messages are slightly larger than their unarmored,
>binary counterparts.

We are talking of some Kbytes, I think this cost will be absolutely sosteinable ;-)

>Cheers!
>-Pete

Thank you for All

Francesco