GPG and Outlook revisited

Chris De Young chd at chud.net
Mon Sep 9 08:00:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

It's been some time since I looked at options for integrating GPG and
Outlook on Windows, and at the time there seemed to be no particularly
good solutions. GPG4Win/Enigmail/Thunderbird works great for my personal
use, but work mandates Outlook, and in light of the latest NSA-related
info it seems a good time to revisit the options for reliable encryption
in an Outlook/Exchange environment - if any.

(Yes, one make the argument that there are probably NSA backdoors in
Windows itself and so nothing I do here matters - but it still seems
like a reasonable effort is probably better than throwing my hands in
the air. :) )

Thanks!
-Chris