SSL on gnupg.org

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 9 15:19:56 CEST 2013

On Mon,  9 Sep 2013 04:06, ghostbar38 at gmail.com said:

> Are there any chances that gnupg.org could use SSL? I have seen some

Due to public demand I enabled https for www.gnupg.org on v4 and v6.  IT
is a 2048 bit CaCert certificate, so you need to install the cacert root
certificate.

Note also that recent Mozilla browsers tell you in the certificate
details that they can't verify the certificate because it uses an
insecure algorithm - which seems to be SHA-1.  Now if SHA-1 would be the
weakest link in the whole web security domain we could easily solve all
problems.  It is just funny how they try to fix a broken infrastructure.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner