Sign key and export for each UID

Philipp Klaus Krause pkk at spth.de
Wed Sep 18 10:46:24 CEST 2013

Am 17.09.2013 02:09, schrieb Doug Barton:
> On 09/16/2013 03:02 PM, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> | Unfortunately, tools for signing keys with multiple UIDs IMO are not
> | user-friendly enough, tpically due to the following:
> |
> | 1) They require the user to be familiar with the command-line,
> | 2) They require the user to run a unixoid OS,
> | 3) They require the user to have configured mail for their OS.
>
> I would argue that this is true regardless of the number of uids on a
> key. I do use PGP with Windows, but I also use the command line there. I
> do not know of any software that has a competent GUI that does
> everything I would want it to do, or even a reasonable subset of it. I
> would find it interesting to be proven wrong however. :)

Well, IMO enigmail does a somewaht resonable job for single-uid keys,
since users can in the GUI right-click and select to sign a key (and the
GUI lets them select the level of verification using radio boxes
selecting from textual descriptions, instead of asking for a number,
like pius does). And then they can right-click and select to send the
public key.
This is not optimal, as it requires two steps, and requires filling in
the receivers email address manually. While I don't use Windows, AFAIK,
this works the same on Windows as on other systems. It only requires
mail to be configured in the mail client (which every user that runs a
mail client has done), as opposed to the OS level.

Philipp