Question about a perfect private Key store for today's environment

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Mon Sep 23 07:28:05 CEST 2013

On 22.09.2013, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:

[Key on smartcard]
> Ok, that sound possible for people which have linux or unix experience, not
> the 'normal' mainstream user.

On the other hand, it would be a great learning experience for those
who dare to try ;-) It's well documented and not too hard.

> The other question was how can a user could use such a key to sign or
> encrypt his or her mail on e.g. Smartphones?

I have no experience with email on smartphones. In fact, I don't have
internet switched on on my phone either, because I don't need it (and
it's somewhat expensive in my country).

Generally, I think you can't have it all. Can't imagine how long it
will take to encrypt/decrypt a mail on a smartphone using the 4k key
which I have on my smartcard..