GPG Private Key Export Question

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Sep 27 16:33:59 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 09:58:35AM -0400, Paul Taukatch wrote:
> Really appreciate the help and the quick response!
>
> I just wanted to clarify, where exactly is the public key information
> stored within the exported secret key data? Is it part of the Secret key
> packet as part of the "Encrypted stuff follows section" or is following
> that?

It's part of the secret key packet.  If you run gpg --list-packets with
--debug=2 (or with --debug-all), so that it shows you the actual numeric
data in the key representations, you'll see that skey[0] and skey[1] in
the secret key packet are exactly the same as pkey[0] and pkey[1] shown
when you --export | --list-packets (so GnuPG shows you the public key).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org p.penchev at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13