GPG Private Key Export Question

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Sep 27 20:44:17 CEST 2013

On 9/27/2013 10:40 AM, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> Also, if you're really writing software for parsing and extracting data
> from OpenPGP keys or messages, then you absolutely *must* start by
> reading RFC 4880, then reading it again, then bookmarking it and keeping
> it always open in a browser window or a text pager, so you can refer to
> it as often as you *will* need to :)

For the last week I've been writing a parser suitable for filesystem
forensics.  All I can say is, "preach it, brother."  I printed out
hardcopy of the whole of RFC4880 and have pages from it pinned up to my
cubicle walls.

There is also a sheet of paper pinned up there that has a red circle
about six inches across and a caption beneath of, "BEAT HEAD HERE."  I
find myself referring to that almost as much as I do to RFC4880.

(Speaking of that project: thank you, Peter and David, for pointing me
towards the file(1) magic numbers library.  It works well enough for my
purposes.)