It's 2014. Are we there yet?

Kapil Aggarwal kappu at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 20:30:47 CEST 2014

I’ll have to disagree. I think there’s a growing sense of “uhhh
maybe these
email providers are not such a good idea after all”.

And something else to note. Every iOS or Android or Windows 8/mobile device
(except ChromeOS based) includes a mail “app/program” which includes POP and
IMAP functionality. And every single “webmail” provider offers alternate
means (like POP/IMAP) to access their webmail.

I seriously doubt dedicated email clients are going away anytime soon. The
protocols may change over time, but there will always be a need for a
dedicated program for email.