Am I being blocked from posting on this list?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Apr 14 20:43:45 CEST 2014

> I tried to post a message on that certain bug to this list
> yesterday, and it has never shown up.  I had two sources that
> suggested that said bug is far more severe than most people think.
> So this message is a test.

Heartbleed!  Heartbleed!  Heartbleed!

Nope, no Great Old Ones have risen from the depths and begun to expose
humanity to unimaginable horrors.  Maybe if I try again with the word
"Hastur"... [*]

Heartbleed was bad, yes.  However, it's hard for me to believe it's
"far more severe than most people think."  Being able to read 64k
chunks out of server memory at-will and on-demand by exploiting
commonly-used software is already a Chernobyl-level disaster.  Really,
how's it going to get worse?

If it starts replacing my Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban with Black Velvet,
okay, then it'll be time to scream, wail and grieve.  But until then,
let's keep our heads, let's face the future with a smile, let's not
panic, and let's not think the GnuPG list is censoring anything that
contains the word 'Heartbleed'.

Now, if you'll forgive me, there's a Great Old One I've been trying to awaken.

Hastur!  Hastur!  Hast--*urgkl* *thud*

[*] if this makes no sense to you, go read some H.P. Lovecraft's _The
Whisperer in Darkness_.  :)