gnupg smartcard on boot for LUKS on sid debian howto ?

Thomas Harning Jr. harningt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 21:32:22 CEST 2014

I believe this blog article could be a useful reference:
https://blog.kumina.nl/2010/07/two-factor-luks-using-ubuntu/

This happens to work beautifully w/ the Yubikey NEO and the GPG Applet

The article does omit any backup measures, so I added a separate long
passphrase to use in the backup case - but to use it requires the initial
boot UI to fail and I manually unlock the volumes and resume boot w/o the
gnupg unlock.

Thomas Harning Jr. (http://about.me/harningt)