UI terminology for calculated validities

Fri Apr 25 06:43:27 CEST 2014

Am Do 24.04.2014, 15:22:20 schrieb Doug Barton:
> Isn't what you're talking about "verification?" I think the concept of
> "validity" in PGP sort of implies that you have verified that the key
> is valid for that particular user/e-mail address, but wouldn't it be
> better to just say that explicitly?

That's exactly the problem: If you say something explicitly which is not
always the case then you must not make this explicit statement the only
possible one.

Many keys get signed without being verified. IMHO this forbids calling
valid keys "verified keys".

Verification is a subset of accepting. I would really like to make
"verification" part of this terminology but only as an optional part,
clearly telling "accepted keys" and "accepted and verified keys" apart.
Otherwise we just create the next problem.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/
http://userbase.kde.org/Concepts/OpenPGP_Help_Spread