hash email addresses / directory privacy enhancement

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Apr 29 10:51:35 CEST 2014

On 29/04/14 01:17, MFPA wrote:
> I have a key on the servers for just over four years now with a valid
> address that has been used for no other purpose and has not received a
> single email. OK, not a statistically valid experiment but I'm sure
> plenty of others have done similar.

I have a key on the keyservers for the singular purpose of seeing how much spam
that address gets.

I only get 419 scams, for some reason. These are more manual processes than
usual spamming, so maybe they are also the only ones to do the extra work of
scanning the keyservers? Pure conjecture.

But it hardly ever happens. 22 attempted scams in 3 years, and they arrive in
batches. 7 batches to be precise; 7 distinct moments in time that scams arrived
on that address.

HTH,

Peter.