gpg: checking created signature failed: Bad signature

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Aug 1 10:31:05 CEST 2014

On Thursday 31 July 2014 at 10:42:37, Wolf wrote:
>     gpg: checking created signature failed: Bad signature
>     gpg: signing failed: Bad signature
>     gpg: signing failed: Bad signature

> The wording of the error seems to suggest that gpg is attempting to verify
> the signature it just created but is failing?

Try the diagnosis output, sometimes it tells you more.

gpg2 -vvv --debug-all --debug-level=expert

(Debug Level "guru" mostly is too much, be careful then to check the logfiles
for personal information before giving them to anyone else.)

> I'm running gnupg 2.0.25-1 on an Arch Linux box via a PuTTY SSH connection.

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner