[Announce] [security fix] Libgcrypt and GnuPG

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Sat Aug 9 21:01:32 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Sat,  9 Aug 2014 01:24, pete at heypete.com said:
>
>>> The GPG4Win folks are gearing up for a new release this August.
>>
>> Excellent. I look forward to it.
>
> The problem with gpg4win is that it is hard to build in particular the
> KDE stuff can't be easily cross compiled.  It is quite some work to
> maintain this software and donations are very low.  My tentative plan is
> now to separate GnuPG proper from the other stuff and provide it as a
> separate installer (for gnupg 2.1)

I'll bet. Fortunately, there are decent Windows front-ends for
mail-related tasks like Enigmail. Not much for file-related tasks,
though.

I would definitely be happy if the GPG binary was packaged separately:
I almost never use GPA or other GUI tools that come with the package.

Thanks for the reminder regarding donations: I really should chip in a
bit more this year.

Cheers!
-Pete

--