[Announce] [security fix] Libgcrypt and GnuPG

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Aug 12 22:23:46 CEST 2014

On 08/09/2014 01:49 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat,  9 Aug 2014 01:24, pete at heypete.com said:
>
>>> The GPG4Win folks are gearing up for a new release this August.
>>
>> Excellent. I look forward to it.
>
> The problem with gpg4win is that it is hard to build in particular the
> KDE stuff can't be easily cross compiled.

Werner,

FWIW, I never use anything other than gnupg out of the installer. The
file system tools have never worked for me, and some of them don't even
work on 64 bit systems. That's not a criticism, I know how open source
works. :)  My point is simply that if you have limited resources in my
opinion the highest value target is gnupg itself.

hth,

Doug