Fwd: It's time for PGP to die.

Martin Behrendt martin-gnupg-users at dkyb.de
Mon Aug 18 15:54:29 CEST 2014

Am 18.08.2014 um 14:31 schrieb Robert J. Hansen:
> On 8/18/2014 2:01 AM, Johan Wevers wrote:
>> And who determines wether it has any "testimonial value"?
>
> Johan, we're entering paranoid fantasy here.  If you truly believe the
> whole of the USG is corrupt, and that our independent judiciary is in
> cahoots with a corrupt Executive and Legislature in order to
> systematically violate people's rights, well... then I think I'm going
> to need to stop talking with you, which I regret.  :(

I think his question is not only good, it is necessary and important to
ask. Especially when it comes to laws. Or if you want a more visible
example just look at all the misinterpretation of "laws" in religions.

And furthermore you don't need to assume a conspiracy or corruptness.
People make mistakes.
People are willing to bypass the law because they think they serve a
greater good "in this one special case".
People don't think about the greater consequences of their actions.
People are ambitious.
People are stupid.
People ...

But anyhow, how about you choose your password to be a confession about
a crime you committed. Would this be enough testimonial value? :)