So on & so forth

Ville Määttä vmaatta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:17:04 CEST 2014

Yeah. Ok. Assuming the Mac guys / fork referred to here are GPGTools / MacGPG2 I can see a couple bigger issues there than just patching in support for bigger keys.

1. The package and gnupg2 version used has not been updated since October 2013 (2013.10.22). If I’m not completely mistaken the version is still 2.0.22. As discussed on the list, one of the more important things would be timely updates. [1]
2. They have a default skeleton gpg.conf with incompatible digest algo etc. (as discussed many times on the list). I don’t think they patch an existing gpg.conf but they are meant to be the easy-to-use packaged installer for first-time users use case. [2]

[1] https://gpgtools.org
[2] https://github.com/GPGTools/MacGPG2/blob/dev/Formula/Patches/gnupg2/options.skel.patch

--
Ville