(OT) installing gnupg-2.0.26

Kristian fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Mon Aug 25 09:41:09 CEST 2014

(no signature today, but shouldn't contain anything controversial)

Sent from my iPad

> On 25 Aug 2014, at 09:10, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:22, peter at digitalbrains.com said:
>
>> Doesn't sound very dumb to me; it's just a regular mistake even if you
>> knew that directories are often sorted in this really basic sorting
>> order. Your mind doesn't sort numbers according to ASCII representation.
>
> Shall I change the notes in the configure script to point to the
> download page at gnupg.org instead?  This has always the latest
> versions.

I see a potential conflict here between stable versions and development versions, in situations where a development version require a non-released library version. That said, users on these versions will anyways be aware of the mirrors - so it generally sounds like a good idea for the potential user building gnupg for the first time.