(OT) installing gnupg-2.0.26

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 25 09:10:53 CEST 2014

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:22, peter at digitalbrains.com said:

> Doesn't sound very dumb to me; it's just a regular mistake even if you
> knew that directories are often sorted in this really basic sorting
> order. Your mind doesn't sort numbers according to ASCII representation.

Shall I change the notes in the configure script to point to the
download page at gnupg.org instead?  This has always the latest
versions.

BTW, there is now also a file https://gnupg.org/swdb.lst and (.sig)
which lists version numbers and checksums for most gnupg software.  It
is the same information you find at the website but is is readable by a
script (e.g.  build-aux/getswdb.sh in the GnuPG master repo)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner